Friday, March 1, 2019

Diamond Dogs: A good Album

Diamond Dogs is a good album.
Future Legend: This track isn't even a track to be honest. It's a monologue about the apocalypse I guess I don't really to be fair. Anyway it ends with the iconic line "This ain't rock and roll. This is genocide."

Diamond Dogs: A song about chaos. It's chaotic nature is reflected in both it's lyrics and its instrumental. The song is about a character called Halloween Jack (who appears once, here and never again. Not even on another album, like he's not even mentioned ever again). Here's an analysis of the lyrics that I stole.
Image result for spooky pumpkin
Halloween Jack, not a clip art of a Jack-o-Lantern
Alright so there's these blokes called the Diamond Dogs and they're poachers, but they're not poaching animals, they're poaching people. So that's like, the first verse. And then the chorus is all like. "Young girl, they call them the Diamond Dogs". The second verse is about this bloke called Halloween Jack and he lives in the post-apocalyptic world of the album. This bloke lives in a bank in New York right, and he's so cool, so absolutely epic that he slides down the rope of an elevator shaft when the elevator is broken. Now guess what happens next. In the most shocking and creative move in music history... THE CHORUS! Again. Then there's another verse that's way shorter than the other ones. Chorus again. Then Bowie decides he's gonna make dog noises for a bit. After that there's some repetition about the Diamond Dogs and then the song ends. 7/10

The next three: These are the best songs on the album. Listen to them, they're honestly some of my favorite songs of all time. The lyrics are so powerful and I honestly can't do it justice by writing about it. Listen to it, like I'm not messing around here mate.

Rebel Rebel: It's good but it's hella boring. (Mr. Controversial over here). No further comments.

Rock 'N' Roll With Me: I don't remember this one to be honest so it can't be that good. I'm messing, the piano in the song is beautiful and everything about the song is sort of relaxing in a sense. That ending as well. Perfect! On my life I love it.

We are the Dead: I don't really know, I remember hating this one when I first heard it but I've really grown to love it. It's so sad but so beautiful at the same time. Whenever I hear "It hit me today" or "Because of all we've seen. Because of all we've said. We are the dead." Imma keep it real with you chief, gets me every time, same with "It's silence competes with hell". It's good, not my favorite track but it's not bad.

It's at this point that I should probably say that this album was intended to be the soundtrack to a proposed '1984' play but that obviously never happened.

Alright so the last 3 songs on this album are good, they're about 1984 or something i don't really know mate, I've never read it.

Yeah listen to Diamond Dogs, it takes 40-ish minutes and you'll only regret it a tiny bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK WITH A BANG: The Mattress Song

The man himself "BACK WITH A BANG" otherwise known as "Mattress Mick's Theme" is the theme of Mattress Mick, one...